LEV-Arch is a brand new but “experienced” company.
Established in 2018, after a long collaboration with Matteo Thun, Luca Colombo set up his new company combining talent and expertise in the fields of architecture and interior design, in order to be the best partner in the development of an international project in the Italian market.
The company focuses on ways of bringing buildings, spaces and landscapes together into sustainable and nature-oriented designs, favoring natural and local materials and optimizing energy efficiency through low-tech solutions. An architecture rich in aesthetic values, respectful of the environment, sensitive to location and culture and oriented towards longevity.
The practice has gained a stable reputation thank to the quality, elegance and simplicity of its award winning projects in a wide variety of sectors: from hospitality to healthcare, residential to workplace, urban design and master planning, retail offices and industrial buildings.
LEV means Leisure, Engineering and Value, which are the leading elements for the definition of a project where the good design becomes the key for achieving the best result in relation to the needs and desires of the client.
LEV-Arch team strives to create a feeling of authenticity in every space by establishing a distinctive design soul that can be perceived belonging both to the location and to the people who will make that space their home. Whether for hotels, retail, offices or private residences, the team seeks the soul and character of each place trying to express it to the fullest through the design study.
We enforce our philosophy to all our projects in order to produce an architecture that is coherent both on the aesthetic and the practical level. Our design looks constantly for the authenticity of the materials and the cohesion of the shapes, which are the turning points for a design that will stand through the time.
Whether there are specific requests from a client, such as business models or definite materials and technologies, or whether the project design is meant to have a very strict scheme, we endeavor to go deeper and understand the Genius Loci and the spirit of the location: geographic and geological characteristics, historical features and socio-cultural peculiarities become the groundwork for the growth of the concept and the design.
In other words, Lev-Arch architects act as interpreters of preexistences seeking new ways to develop and enhance them.
Our projects are inspired by the spirit of a place, referring to the cultural value, materials and local tradition. An approach sensitive to location and his culture, often combining the latest advances in building technology with techniques drawn from vernacular tradition. An architecture emerges that contributes to local beauty, offers sustainable solutions, generates measurable savings and protects resources.
True sustainability begins inside. Our daily lives, like most human relations and expressions of creativity, take form within buildings. Interior design should be driven by these cultural and social structures whilst enabling the preservation of resources and energy. A simple, essential and light interior design achieves this thanks to the strong relationship between in and out door spaces and between form and function.
Hotels and serviced apartments
Resorts and leasure
SPA and wellness
Restaurants and F&B quarters
Masterplanning and strategic design(all phases)
Interior design, decoration, styling and lighting design
Landscaping (all phases) and general planning
in collaboration with selected consultants and experts in structural design, M&E , HAVC, acoustics, VT, IT, etc.
Born in Italy in 1969, Luca Colombo graduated in Architecture at the Polytechnic of Milan. He began his professional career in various practices, working on a wide range of projects, from interior design to infrastructure. In 1999, he joined Matteo Thun, becoming soon his business partner fo the Matteo Thun & Partners in 2003.
In 2013 he founded MTLC in partnership with Matteo Thun. This new practice was most specifically focused on projects thought for the Italian market. In 2018 he took over the majority of MTLC srl and established LEV-Arch with the aim to improve and upgrade MTLC’s mission under the solid philosophy of “good design is good business”.
ARCHITECTURE, INTERIOR DESIGN, LANDSCAPING
1. Data collection
1. Meeting with the client, owner and manager
2. Preliminary visit on site
3. Collection of the project’s guidelines
4. Owner and/or manager/operator briefing and budget
5. Analysis of the existing architectural drawings
6. Report of the analysis
7. Development of the offer
8. Contract submission and negotiation
9. Handover to the project manager/owner
2. Concept & Schematic Design
1. Meeting with the client, owner and manager, site visit and survey
2. Mood board and collage of the idea
3. Preliminary sketches
4. Concept design of the project
5. Plans, sections/elevations at appropriate scales
6. Sketches or renderings of the main views (if necessary)
7. Building brief, building area table
8. Preliminary selection of construction materials
9. Rough estimated costs of the work
10. Presentation of the report to the owner and/or the operators
11. Handover to the project team for coordination with the other professionals
3. Design Development
1. Revision and adaptation of the design to the local code and rules according to the owner/developer’s requests
2. Plans, sections/elevations at appropriate scales
3. Preliminary layout of services (Electrical and mechanical HAVC layout)
4. Sketches or renderings of the updated main views
5. Technical description of the project
6. Final selection of materials for the finishes
7. Sample of the selected finishes materials
8. Final area table
9. Revision and updating of cost estimate
10. Vendor-suppliers list
11. Attendance to project coordination meetings
12. Presentation to the owner and the operators
13. Handover to the project team for coordination with the other professionals
4. Planning Permission
1. Meeting with the local authorities
2. Presentation of the project to local authorities
3. Full set of documents according local authorities requirements
4. Plans, sections/elevations at appropriate scales
5. Final renderings of the main view
6. General description of the building
7. Preparation of Building permit application
8. Assistance for the client’s signature of the documents
9. Submission to local autorities
10. Follow up until building permit granted
5. Tender Set of Documents
1. Full set of documents coordinated with all consultants working on the project
2. Plans, sections/elevations at appropriate scale
3. Detail guide line book (Typical detail)
4. Mark up of final structural, M&E, HAVC and others services or installation projects
5. Suspending ceiling diagram/index and schedule
6. Floor finishes diagram/index and schedule
7. Doors & windows diagram/index and schedule
8. General description of the building
9. List and specifics of the selected finishes and construction materials
10. Sample of the selected finishes materials
11. Vendor-suppliers list
12. Attendance to project coordination meetings
13. Presentation to the owner and the operators
14. Hand over to the project team for coordination with the other professionals
15. Detailed BOQ
6. Art Direction
1. Meeting and indication to the suppliers for development of construction docs
2. Check and approval of construction documents provided by third parties
3. Final check and approval of BOQ before execution
4. Drawings and indication for the samples-mockup
5. Main material samples realization
6. Check and adoption of main finishes, works and samples
7. Coordination during the execution if necessary
8. Regular site supervision according to the execution progress
9. Artistic assistance to the construction manager for missing information
10. Attendance to coordination meetings
11. Snagging list – list of defect
12. Site visit report
13. Meeting with the owner/owner representative